The Swedish Foundry Association represents and promotes the interests of the foundry branch in a variety of contexts. One task of increasing importance is to help shape public opinion on relevant issues; another is to review and comment upon legislative and other proposals affecting the foundry branch.
Upon qualification, membership in SFA is available to foundries in the Nordic countries, to suppliers of products and/or services to the foundry branch, and to businesses that develop, purchase or use cast components.
The Swedish Foundry Association works closely with Swerea SWECAST, the research, development and education institute of the Swedish foundry branch.
SFA also owns ca. 10% of Swerea, a research company with nearly 500 employees. Its focus is on innovation and development of materials and production technologies.
Searching for member companies
We are currently developing a new procedure for conducting searches among our member companies. In the meantime, we will gladly assist in searches for specific members.
Write to email@example.com
A complete list of current members is available via this link.
Benefits of SFA membership
There are twelve good reasons to become a member of the Swedish Foundry Association:
- Protection and promotion of members’ interests in relation to government authorities and other decision-makers
- Access to SFA’s substantial resources for research and consulting services
- Significant opportunities to influence the manner in which research funds of ca. SEK 40 million are used
- Marketing of member companies on our website and in the buyers’ guide that we distribute at conferences and exhibitions
- News on developments in the foundry branch via our newsletter and quarterly statistics
- Research and development support from SFA and Swerea SWECAST which, in many cases, functions as though it were the members’ own R&D department
- Information and assistance in seeking investment backing for new technology, business development, etc.
- Free access to research reports via our website
- Exceptional opportunities to meet colleagues and visit other facilities in Sweden and abroad
- Sizable discounts on consultation fees
- Rebates for participation in our conferences and educational activities
- Subscription to our trade journal, Gjuteriet Want to become a member?
Click here for notification of interest and membership application. For answers to other questions about membership in the Swedish Foundry Association, write to firstname.lastname@example.org